SolarNow is an asset financing company that sells high quality solar product and appliances to households and businesses in Uganda. The company started in 2011 and has since opened 46 branches throughout Uganda, employs around 600 people.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supplier invoice: You book supplier invoices in an accurate and timely manner
· Balance reconciliation: You reconcile supplier AGING summary and customer balance reconciliations with the general ledger.
· Payments: You prepare supplier and staff payments
Account Receivable: The incumbent will post payments to customers’ accounts, verify and file bank statements. You reconcile client balances, staff cash/salary advance accounts, prepayments and prepare bad debt provisions.
Taxes & Audit:
· Managing Audit: The incumbent will prepare and provide required audit information and enforce internal controls in compliance with the legal and audit policies and ISAs.
· Taxes: You file TAX returns (PAYE, WHT, VAT, NSSF) and manage correspondences with URA and NSSF in line with the statutory guidelines (Income tax act and NSSF act).
· VAT: VAT posting
· Stock: The jobholder will manage average cost prices, correct VAT on Vatable stock items, carryout physical stock counts and reconciliations with the stock listing as per SAS.
· Bank & Cashflow Management: You prepare cash flow plan and update bi-weekly in line with the set policies and procedures. Manage correspondences with the banks and maintain accurate monthly bank balances; reconciliation of cash received by Finance through mobile money on behalf of SNUG and SAFI.
· Budgeting: Keep track of company budget and departmental expenditure reports. You also check for strengths and weaknesses in the internal controls surrounding the budgetary process. You book all company Assets in SAS, maintaining a fixed Asset register and carrying out Asset verification checks, disposals as per the policies and procedures.
· Reporting (incl Balance Sheet): You prepare the balance sheet, income statements, statement of changes in Equity and notes to the financial statements in line with the set policies, procedures, IFRS and IASs. Prepare internal and external monthly reports. Maintain balance sheet schedules for Cash advances, salary advances, security funds and prepayments as per the policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the SolarNow Accounts Officer career opportunity must hold a certificate in professional courses like CPA level 2, ACCA level 1 is an added advantage.
· Accounting professional Values: Integrity, Honesty, Professionalism and Objectivity.
· Working knowledge of Accounting packages especially Open ERP is an added advantage.
· Result oriented, capable to adapt to a dynamic environment.
· Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in Word and Excel.
· Highly motivated and passionate about work.
· Good and consistent performance record.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Able to work with minimum supervision.
· Problem solving and analytical skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their motivation letters and updated CVs to: email@example.com
Deadline: 1st December 2017