WWF is one of the world’s largest independent and experienced Conservation organizations operating in over 100 Countries in the world. WWF UCO implements a number of national programmes promoting environment conservation in Uganda. WWF’s mission is to stop the degradation of our planet’s natural environment, and build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
Job Summary: The Executive Assistant will provide documentation, logistics and administrative support to the Senior Management team. The Executive Assistant supports HR and Senior Management team align HR practices and systems with business objectives and deliver value added service to management in their designated departments that ensures continuity and delivery of the Uganda Country Office Strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Support to the Country Director’s Office
· Coordinate and maintain the CD’s calendar of appointments and schedule the CD’s meetings and conference calls.
· Work closely with government officials and their staff, and other implementing partners, to set up high-level meetings with CD and senior management as desired.
· Manage incoming correspondence to the CD, including e-mails, letters, and invitations to meetings.
· Assist the CD in prioritizing his workload, tracking and bringing to his attention items for urgent action. Drawing upon experience and judgment, retrieve priority documents for the CD’s attention and routinely provide recommendation of appropriate action to ensure timely execution.
· Draft and proofread outgoing correspondence on behalf of the CD.
· Prepare documents and PowerPoint presentations as requested by the CD.
· Process signature and mailing requests coming to the CDs desk from the various departments (including administration/procurement, finance and technical areas).
· Establish and manage a confidential filing system for the CD.
· Prepare reports, memos, and minutes of senior management and other meetings as required by the CD.
· Support selected project program implementation activities including event and meeting logistics management, as requested by supervisor. Process domestic and international travel itineraries, expense vouchers and visa procurements for the CD and other senior management staff.
Support to the Human Resource Manager Recruitment:
· Advertise recruitment opportunities; and initially screen applications received against job requirements.
· Working in support of the hiring manager, set up and serve the interview process – confirming interview date/time with candidates and selectors, ensuring interview questions and copies of CVs are available, assessment tests undertaken, room bookings made.
· Obtain references, correspond with selected candidates regarding offers, confirmation of appointment and employment contracts; informing other candidates of their selection result.
· Set up HR files for appointed candidates once contract is signed.
· Maintain file of suitable CV for other posts.
· Assist the HR Department to map Staff development and training requirements, in line with the annual performance appraisals.
· Work in close coordination with Operation and Program departments, arrange for the on boarding and induction of new personnel; ensuring that they registered within the necessary systems (including panda pays, Timesheet, Payroll).
· Support Programming & Operational leadership in the identification and monitoring of suitable training programs for staff development. Conduct after training surveys to assess the outcomes and impacts of these development trainings.
· Guide and assist both Programming & Operational management and employees with respect to employment issues and concerns; through the interpretation of applicable HR policies and procedures.
· Conduct routine HR correspondence in line with requirements and as authorized by the HR manager.
· Support to the HR Manager in the production of the monthly staff pay roll in line with agreed procedures.
· Maintain relevant HR databases and systems – Panda Pays, by providing routine reports to the HR manager.
· Keenly track completion by managers of the annual Achievement and Impact Management process (AIM), bringing issues of concern to the HR manager.
· Maintain HR personnel records, including annual leave forms, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
· Arrange necessary HR exit processes for terminating staff
· Complete other related tasks as assigned by line manager
· Fully participate as an HR team member and with other organizational events and requirements
· Perform any other related duties assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the WWF Executive Assistant job opportunity should hold a University Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field
· Post-Graduate training in Human Resource Management. Masters in a related field is an added advantage
· A minimum of two years and above of progressive experience in a similar or related position.
· Broad knowledge in logistical operations
· Excellent communication skills.
· Abilities in office administration and organization.
· Extensive knowledge in computer applications like MS Office and Database management
· Should be accurate and organized at work.
· Able to stand above cultural diversities.
· Previous experience working with NGOs, preferably within an international NGO.
· Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: Optimistic, Engaging, Determined and Knowledgeable.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their cover letters, updated CVs, and academic transcripts to the Human Resource Officer, WWF Uganda, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resource Officer,
WWF Uganda Country Office,
Plot 2, Sturrock Road, Kololo,
P.O. Box 8745, Kampala – Uganda
Deadline: 4th December 2017 by 5:00pm