Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 33 networked branches and eight contact offices countrywide, an equal opportunity employer, regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
Job Summary: The Information Systems Analyst will be reporting directly to the Risk Manager and shall be responsible for the detailed analysis, design and monitoring of in¬house systems and Management of Information Systems (M IS). Additionally, this role will be required to spearhead and oversee information system controls for applications within Pride.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The jobholder will operationalize the Data Analytics Framework.
· Execute independent risk based reviews.
· Carry out comprehensive testing for all planned additions to the corporate infrastructure before they can go live.
· Review Enterprise Business Continuity Plan activities.
· Undertake project based risk assessment for new planned initiatives.
· Undertake Information Asset Profiling.
· Actively participate in the preparation of risk reports to EXCOM and Board on a monthly basis.
· Undertake regular fraud risk assessments to support improvement of the control environment.
· Review of the ICT policies in place as well as determining the adequacy of the controls in place in line with the risk profile.
· Undertake Risk Management trainings across the 3 lines of defense.
· Championing anti-money laundering monitoring.
· Guide on information security on sound practices required, work with the IT Security Officer to secure systems by putting adequate controls and restrict access.
· Assist in preparing system definition/specification by the users highlighting technical requirements.
· Participate in the implementation and testing of new systems and new systems delivery channels championing risk management processes.
· Follow-up on the systems analysis reports and ICT audit reports on the identified control gaps and control improvements implementation.
· Carry out dormant account analysis of the savings accounts.
· Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Information Systems Management or any other relevant/related field Post graduate professional course in ICT Systems Security and Systems Audit is an added advantage.
· At least two years of hands-on experience and proven skills in Information systems analysis.
· Should have a high degree of integrity, excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and must be able to meet set deadlines.
· The ideal candidate should have Good analytical skills, business acumen
· Time management skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Computer literacy skills
· Change management skills and ability
· Good emotional intelligence and IT skills
· Age: Below 30 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to the: Head Human Capital Management, Pride Micro-finance Limited, Victoria Office Park, Block B, Plot 6 -9, Ben Kiwanuka Okot Close, P.O. Box 7566, Kampala, Uganda.
The complete applications should include a detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates/ transcripts, postal address, current salary, salary expectation, letters of recommendation from 3 referees and a daytime telephone contacts.
NB: All applicants are advised to deal directly with Pride, and canvassing is strictly not allowed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 30th November 2017