Impact Chefs Academy is a regional hospitality consulting firm thriving on professional culinary training, ethical hospitality services, kitchen equipment supply, and hotel recruitment services as well as high level management hotel trainings focusing on keeping clients satisfaction. They would like to recruit for a valuable client, Newrest, a global leader in multi-sector catering. In 2014, the client made revenues of almost 1,386.6 Billion Euros and employs more than 28,000 employees world-wide. Newrest is present in 49 countries and is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments including airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, rail catering, concession retail, contract catering, remote site and support services.
Job Summary: The Executive Chef will support the Airline company in food planning, preparation, production, and control for all food outlets and banquet facilities, to meet the Airline’s Catering standards of quality.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The job holder will implement new menus and individual menu items for all outlets based on current food trends and regional tastes.
· Will Audit food storeroom items and direct items to maintain consistent quality products that ensure adherence to all health code requirements.
· Enforce safety procedures and cleanliness standards throughout kitchen including walk-in and reach-in boxes.
· Support the Management in training, supervising, scheduling and participating in activities of cooks, and other personnel involved in preparing, cooking and presenting food in accordance with productivity standards, cost controls, and forecasts needs.
· Actively monitor team performance, product quality and production flow; foster continuous improvement where necessary.
· Manages food, equipment, water, fuel and labour costs within approved budget constraints.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should hold a Diploma in Food production or equivalent.
· At least six years’ food production experience in a 4-5 star hotel or equivalent.
· Prior experience as a Chef with knowledge of most international and domestic dishes.
· Working knowledge of Kitchen department organizational skills.
· Guest contact and staff management experience.
· Prior experience in menu planning and budgeting.
· Extensive knowledge of food products, standard recipes, and proper preparation.
· Ability to read, write, speak English to comprehend and communicate job functions.
· Ability to safely operate complex food preparation machinery.
· Artistic ability to create theme menus, ideas for ice carvings, decorations, etc.
· Strong in buffet style food and preferably some pastry background
· A people’s person, strict on follow up, hygiene, training, quality control, mentor and coach.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and detailed CVs (PDF Only) with the Subject: Executive Chef – Entebbe, do not attach certificates, to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org not or personally bring your CV/ documents to our office addressed to: Executive Director, Impact Chefs Academy, JOS House, Luzira, Port Bell Road, P.O. Box 22152, Kampala.
Deadline: 9th September 2015