About Kenya Airways:
Kenya Airways is the flag carrier of Kenya and was the first African flag carrier to be privatized. Kenya Airways is widely considered as one of the leading Sub-Saharan operators; as of January 2013, the carrier was ranked fourth among the top ten ones that operate in Africa by seat capacity, behind South African Airways, Ethiopian Airlines and EgyptAir. The airline became a full member of SkyTeam in June 2010, and is also a member of the African Airlines Association since 1977.
Job Summary: The Station Manager Ground Services will support Kenya Airways by ensuring a safe, healthy and secure ground services operation at the station in compliance with regulatory requirements, company policies and the local airport authority while on temporary assignment. The incumbent will monitor that standards of punctuality and customer service are delivered by third parties as per contract and Service Level agreement and in accordance with the company policies and procedures and relevant regulatory authorities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Station Manager will ensure that the standards of Safety and security are communicated to all station staff, Ground handling agents and all other service providers and control their that they are adhered to.
· Drive “On Time Performance” culture within the airport team and constantly engage all stakeholders to maintain the highest performance.
· Make sure that customer service is delivered to a high standard that meets every customer’s needs and expectation.
· Manage station costs in line with the budget and implement all cost saving initiatives as determined and communicated
· The incumbent will support and develop a high performance team capable of achieving results by meeting the set benchmarks with minimum supervision.
· Work in liaison with the relevant authorities and ensure conformity with all regulatory requirements, organization standards and local procedures.
· Represent Kenya Airways at AOC meetings to address various airport issues.
· Actively promote company image to enhance public relations, visibility in the market and customer loyalty
· Interpret and monitor safety standards, regulations and security awareness
· As the accountable manager, ensure corrective action is taken based on audit findings and/or risk assessment analysis
· Ensure and maintain a healthy, safe and secure working environment in compliance with company procedures and regulatory authorities
· Prepare and submit monthly reports on Ground Handling activity.
· Manage and be responsible for the implementation of the Local Emergency Accident Procedures plan.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Kenya Airways Supervisor.
Key Performance Indicators:
· Increase ticket sales and excess baggage revenues without compromising our customer service.
· Meet and exceed company’s benchmarks as per KPIs on dashboard
· Proper cost control (budget control)
· Customer feedback through quarterly consumer survey
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Kenya Airways Station Manager Ground Services should hold be a University graduate with experience in all round airport handling
· A minimum of five years’ experience in supervisory roles.
· Computer literacy skills
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Ability to lead, guide & motivate a team
· Possess excellent analytical skills
· Good planning and organizational skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Customer focused and result oriented
· Good team player
· High level of professionalism
· High degree of integrity
· Ability to lead, guide and make decisions
· Excellent communication skills
· Highly self driven
· Confident, decisive & proactive
· Revenue & cost sensitive
· Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment
· Knowledge of a foreign language is an added advantage
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to join the Aviation industry with Kenya Airways should apply by either sending an application letter and updated CV to:
Ground Floor, Jubilee Insurance Building,
Plot 14 Kimathi Avenue,
P.O. Box 6969, Kampala. Uganda.
Or Online -> Click Here (Apply Now)
Deadline: 23rd November, 2015