Living Earth Uganda (LEU) a company limited by Guarantee that provides services in the areas of Natural resources and environmental management, and Social and community support that include among others livelihoods, skilling and humanitarian responses has been contracted by Total Energies EP Uganda B.V to provide agricultural support services under Tilenga Project RAPs 2-5 in the districts of Buliisa, Hoima and Kikuube.
The Overall Objective of this Project is to support farmers to access and utilize good agronomical practices so as to improve their household income levels.
This project intervention builds on more than 20 years of Living Earth Uganda’s experience and presents an opportunity to engage in a wider set of challenges that will emerge as the country becomes an established Oil producing.
It is therefore against this background that LEU is seeking to recruit dynamic, energetic and result oriented individuals to fill the following positions;
Job Title: Assistant Environment Agronomist
Reporting to: Senior Agronomist
Location: Albertine Region (Hoima, Buliisa and Kikuube Districts)
Contract length: 12 months
To provide environmental/forestry extension services in nursery trees component to Project Affected Persons (PAPs) under Agriculture support services project in Buliisa, Hoima and Kikuube district.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Sensitizing communities about benefits of sustainable exploitation of forestry resources;
• Training and carrying out demonstrations in modern agronomic practices of establishment of tree nursery beds in the project area.
Training and supervision of tree planting of different species to PAPs
• Delivery of inputs for different species of trees distributed to PAPs
• Preparing and submitting periodical activity and performance reports
• Networking and linking the project activities with government extension workers in forestry, natural resources and environmental management as strategy of sustainability.
Any other duties assigned by the Senior agronomist.
Education and Experience
• Minimum is a diploma in Forestry, Environmental Management, or any other related field from a recognized institution.
• At least 3 years of field related experience
• Records and information management;
• Coaching and mentoring;
• Assertiveness and self-confidence;
• Public relations and customer care; and
• Time management.
• Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports.
• Must have knowledge in computer applications like Microsoft Office
Method of Application
Applicants interested in the above positions should send their applications, detailed CVs, copies mof academic certificates(certified originals to be presented at the interview and copies of the mrecent last 3 month’s pay) to: The attention of the Human Resource Officer at email@example.com with copies to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com not later than 5:00p.m, 14th October, 2022.
NB: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted. Buliisa, Hoima and Kikuube locals are encouraged to apply.