Living Earth Uganda (LEU) a company limited by Guarantee that provides services in the areas of Natural resources and environmental management, and Social and community support that include among others livelihoods, skilling and humanitarian responses has been contracted by Total Energies EP Uganda B.V to provide agricultural support services under Tilenga Project RAPs 2-5 in the districts of Buliisa, Hoima and Kikuube.
The Overall Objective of this Project is to support farmers to access and utilize good agronomical practices so as to improve their household income levels.
This project intervention builds on more than 20 years of Living Earth Uganda’s experience and presents an opportunity to engage in a wider set of challenges that will emerge as the country becomes an established Oil producing.
It is therefore against this background that LEU is seeking to recruit dynamic, energetic and result oriented individuals to fill the following positions;
Job Title: Assistant Livestock Agronomist
Reporting directly to: Livestock Specialist
Location: Albertine Region (Hoima, Buliisa and Kikuube Districts)
Contract length: 12 months
To increase animal production and productivity related extension services to Project Affected Persons (PAPs) under Agriculture support services project in Buliisa, Hoima and Kikuube district.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Assisting Livestock Specialist in implementing the livestock enterprises component.
• Treating and vaccinating livestock, other domestic animals and poultry;
Training farmers in modern animal husbandry methods and animal nutrition;
• Collecting and documenting data on livestock enterprises
• Providing livestock extension services to farmers
• Any other duties assignment by agronomist -Head livestock
Education and Experience
• A Diploma in Animal Health, Animal Husbandry, Dairy Husbandry or Ranch Management from a recognized Institution.
• At least 2 years field experience
• Project management;
• Animal management;
• Ethics and integrity;
• Communicating effectively ;
• Time management
• Good Report writing skills
• Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports.
• Must have knowledge in computer applications like Microsoft Office
Method of Application
Applicants interested in the above positions should send their applications, detailed CVs, copies mof academic certificates(certified originals to be presented at the interview and copies of the mrecent last 3 month’s pay) to: The attention of the Human Resource Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org with copies to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5:00p.m, 14th October, 2022.
NB: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted. Buliisa, Hoima and Kikuube locals are encouraged to apply.