To facilitate strategic program documentation, information sharing, learning and Kilimo Trust’s
• Develop KT’s communication strategy for brand visibility and presence to build long lasting
• partnerships for organizational sustainability.
• Work with project teams to capture emotive and evocative, stories that showcase need of the
• communities we serve and impact of Kilimo Trust work.
• Conceptualize and produce EIC and branding materials for program and organizational visibility
• including newsletters, case studies, banners.
• Conceptualize and publish inspirational and attractive content about the work of Kilimo Trust
• programs including website and social media content.
• Support program and organizational and donor reporting including annual reports.
• Support grants business enterprise through fundraising events management including project
• Lead media engagement for brand value including media tours and publicity.
• Support project and organizational communication and messaging including communication
• advisory to senior management; risk communication, public engagement, and partnerships.
• To build an ‘e-library’ (organizational depository) of individual program documents and
• communication material.
• Develop and monitor the performance of the communication and knowledge management strategy and workplans.
• Work with Project Team Leaders to develop and the deliver the E-extension content to users (elearning)
• Capture and generate program implementation lessons.
• Manage the development, design, and dissemination outreach products for key projects, including
• briefs, brochures, slide decks, infographics, web features, blogposts, newsletters, op-eds, and
• website content with photographers, graphic designers and videographers.
• Build, manage, and set the direction of the Knowledge Management Framework.
• Create, capture, organize and manage accessibility of knowledge assets for organization use.
• Draft and manage organizational reporting including –donor reports, government reports, periodic
• progress report, best practices, case studies and lessons learned.
• Writing, photography and videography and editorial skills (content creation).
• Experience in photography and ability to train others.
• Communicate complex issues across various audiences.
• Understanding of agricultural value chains, agribusiness, and its transformative impact on livelihoods of smallholder farmers.
• Identify and advance newsworthy stories quickly and easily.
• Use various Knowledge Management and Communication tools.
Educational Qualifications and Experience Required:
• Master’s Communications/ Journalism /Mass Media /Public relations, or other equivalent
• Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in the field of journalism, branding, PR, knowledge
• management & communication, partnerships, and donor relations.
• Experience in an Agricultural related field is an added advantage.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
• computer literate for communication and content development
• Proven digital media a usage.
• Strategic and creative mindset.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Present a portfolio of work available for review.
If you are the right candidate, please send your application letter plus the following:
• An up-to-date CV, highlighting relevant skills and experience (presented in relation to each of the
• Responsibilities and each of the experience areas listed above).
• The names and contacts of three referees, and a daytime contact telephone number of each of them.
• Copies of Academic Certificate and Transcripts for O’ level, A’ level – where applicable, UnderGraduate and Post-Graduate qualifications
• The names and contacts of your immediate supervisor(s) in the current job and two of your
• immediate previous jobs.
• Your daytime contact telephone number; and
• A statement and proof of current remuneration package
Please submit your application documents electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Address all applications to The Human Resource & Administration Manager, Kilimo Trust.
Deadline for application: 30th May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted