Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Communications officer has the following specific tasks and responsibilities;
• Develop a communication strategy for the project based on audience analysis in Uganda and for the Dutch public.
Delivery of the planned project communication strategies and ensure they are kept up to date.
• Maintaining regular social media presence for the project
• Supporting technical staff in designing and producing audio, video, and visually oriented training materials for respective project thematic areas.
• Preparing articles and success stories illustrating project approaches and achievements.
• Liaison with media houses by promoting and maintaining contacts with local, regional and national media actors.
Assisting in editing, formatting, illustration and graphics of all reports and other promotion documents such as project news briefs.
• Organizing the project photo and video library.
• Preparing quarterly newsletters for the project and keeping the website up to date with new stories/information
• Collecting feedback on, and evaluating the impact of, communications activities.
• Developing and coordinating the production of radio and video infomercials.
Organizing promotional events, media campaigns and press releases to promote project themes, messages, and achievements.
Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in public and media relations or other relevant qualification.
• At least 3 years of relevant experience in mass media and public relations.
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft office packages (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), internet use; and knowledge in website content management systems, image editors, desktop publishing and other graphic software.
• Proven skills in video and audio program making; digital storytelling is an added advantage.
• Skills in event management, and strong interpersonal relations.
• Working proficiency in English including excellent writing skills, and a good knowledge of one or more local languages in Uganda is advantageous.
Good knowledge and/or experience of the Uganda agricultural sector is an added advantage.
• Ability to meet agreed work-related deadlines is essential
• Ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary team, excellent interpersonal skills, and willingness to travel extensively in Uganda
• Personal integrity
• Adaptability to unanticipated circumstances
• Team player and good communicator
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Planning, prioritizing, and organizing
Method of Application
To apply for a position of your interest, please find the respective detailed job description on the ISSD Uganda website via: www.issduganda.org. Then email your application (Cover Letter and CV maximum 4 pages) to email@example.com while indicating the job title and desired location in the email subject, not later than 4th December 2022 at 5:00pm EAT. Only shortlisted candidates will be