The job holder of this position is responsible for ensuring that the company adheres to and maintains a high standard of Corporate Governance practices, facilitates effective management of Board affairs, and ensures that the bank is compliant with the Company’s Act and all laws of Uganda.
Key Result Areas
• Offer legal advice to the Board of Directors and management on legal and governance implications of way they discharge their responsibilities, and how the Directors can fulfil their duties in accordance with the laws of Uganda and good practice.
• Responsible for the Annual Calendar for Board meetings and Board induction and continuous training programme.
• Ensure accurate content and timely circulation of Board reports ahead of the scheduled meetings.
• Record and produce minutes of the Board, Board Committees, Annual General Meetings and Extraordinary Meetings and ensure minutes are circulated timely to Board members.
• Register Annual Returns of the Bank, maintain registers of shareholders, directors and secretaries and ensure that Board resolutions are filed and registered with the relevant registries and communicated to the relevant persons within stipulated time
• Ensure that the Board Charter and Bank policies, are reviewed periodically for alignment with changes in the laws of Uganda.
• Dealing with correspondence, collating information and writing reports and ensuring decisions made by Board are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders
• Actively Participate in company policy formulation
• Offer advice on corporate governance issues
• Handle legal aspects of the bank
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognised University
• Hold additional diploma in Legal practice from the Law Development Centre.
• Certified Chartered Secretary or training towards ICSA qualification will be an added advantage • At least 5 years working experience in a financial, commercial, or legal advisory institution (s)
• Great communication and interpersonal skills
Method of Application
Suitable candidates should submit their job applications along with a detailed curriculum Vitae, and academic testimonials to our emails: Boiul.Uganda@bankofindia.co.in or email@example.com or submit your applications in person to the HR Department at Bank of India (U) Ltd Head office, Plot 37, Jinja Road, Kampala by 26th August 2023 Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Bank of India (U) Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. Bank Of India (Uganda) Ltd is regulated by Bank Of Uganda