Ensures that all matters concerning operations at Kampala Station are handled on time through accompanying cargo for delivery, supervising verification, inspection of units and off loading at the various locations to meet clients’ timelines.
Monitoring and coordination
• Tracking of cargo arrival at destination office from Mombasa through cargo status reports of the different transporters.
• Follow – up upon arrival of cargo at ICD through validation in the Bonded Warehouse Information Management System (BWIMS)
• Liase with the Customer Relations Executive – Imports to ascertain the scope of work for the cargo upon arrival and Check with declarations team for cargo selectivity to ascertain whether cargo is for physical verification or entry has been passed green by DPC.
• Follow-up with declarations for the home bound Entry and Customer Relations Executive – Imports to ascertain if taxes have been paid by client in order to proceed with URA Customs release.
• Liase with customs, other authorities i.e. NDA, Ministry of Agriculture, to ensure a smooth operation and facilitate the release of cargo.
• Follow up on Exemptions letters, CPC Activations, requests from clients on Tax Exemptions and other special permissions from URA Head Office.
• Ensure cargo is fully exited from URA Asycuda, BWIMS and share exit notes with Customer Relations Executive – Imports for more instructions about cargo delivery.
• Billing of estimated ICD charges for the cargo to be delivered.
• Processing of Fracht cargo release to ensure Fracht finance team is settled.
• Accompany goods for delivery and ensure that the cargo count/ verification tallies with the goods finally delivered and offloaded at client’s premises or warehouse.
• Physical presence at the time of offloading of import cargo at client’s premises.
• Taking pictures before, during and after loadings and all seals on the container.
• Inspect the container before and after delivery and writes the condition on the delivery notes.
• Issue Empty container drop/off advice to driver after offloading by sharing empty container guarantee form.
Reporting and Planning
• Compile data (in form of tally sheets, delivery notes and pictures in regards of the coffee loaded and dispatched, advise immediate supervisor and customer relations Executive- Imports for any matter you may need urgent attention.
• Advise causes of delays during verification of cargo, inspection of units offloading at client’s premises and advise any ways that may lead to avoidance of such.
• Handle queries in the field related to verification of cargo, inspection of units, offloading of cargo and container inspection with help of immediate supervisor.
• Liase with immediate supervisor to suggest ways of continuously improve the working environment.
Customer orientation / attitude.
• Understand company goals and work towards meeting them.
• Communicate effectively to various teams to have smooth flow of operation.
• Interface with all relevant parties in working towards achieving the client desired goals and department set goals.
Attending to clients
• Guiding clients to at times of Cargo verification, inspection of units and delivery of cargo in line with Fracht Standard operating Procedures to minimise on damages and cargo loss.
• Follow up on documents for cargo Verification, vehicle inspection and offloading of cargo.
• Ensure all documentations, entries are received for cargo Verified, inspected, offloaded at clients premises and records kept in file for future reference.
Responsibility for assigned adhoc duties
• Performs other duties from time to time that may be assigned by the supervisor and management.
• A university degree in business administration, transport, logistics, commerce or economics, Diploma in logistics or related field.
• Must have demonstratable detailed understanding of the logistics, operations and must be result oriented.
• A certificate in East Africa freight forwarding practicing course may be an added advantage.
• A minimum of two (2) years working experience in a reputable clearing and freight forwarding/ shipping company/ logistics company.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals in the diverse environment.
• Attention to detail.
• Keeping continuous improvement in mind.
• High integrity, self-driven and able to meet rigorous deadlines.
• Ability initiate and complete assignments and to work under demanding circumstances with minimal supervision.
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their application letter, CV’S and copies of academic documents merged in one PDF document to email@example.com
Address application to;
The Human Resource Manager
Fracht Uganda SMC Ltd
Plot 104 Katalima Road Naguru
Deadline is Monday 21st August 2023 at 5:00pm (Applications will be received on a rolling basis)