The Operations and Logistics Officer will be responsible for leading all operational aspects of SON order-2-Deliver and Order-2-Pick processes while providing management support for supply chain both for distributions and farm gate Sales and management of our fleet.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Driving continuous improvement to achieve consistently excellent inbound and outbound customer service On-Time, In-Full to customers.
· Supporting customer-facing team on any customer-specific action plans involving Logistics, and improving Logistics and Supply Chain Management results.
· Working with Finance team to ensure management of costs across the Logistics network to deliver annual plan cost targets.
· Responsibility for contracts and performance of all external 3PL-managed transporters and all haulier inbound and outbound processes.
· Responsible for maintaining a consistently high level of stock integrity across the logistics network, and effective management of slow moving stock.
· Executing the SON’s Logistics strategy and leading the changes required to transform the Logistics network at benchmark-level costs.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· Degree education, preferably technical discipline
· Proven track record of success in a Logistics leadership role in FMCG Logistics (2 years+ total experience preferred)
· Detailed understanding of end-to-end supply chain processes, effective budget management and understanding of business P&L and project management principles
· Detailed understanding of world-class warehousing and transport best-practice processes, systems and ways of working
· Knowledge of warehousing and transport Health & Safety obligations, Road traffic legislation etc.
How to Apply:
Email a cover letter and CV with necessary supporting documents only to email@example.com. Please indicate POSITION APPLIED FOR in the subject line.
NB: Only selected candidates that meet the requirements will be contacted.
Deadline: 15th March 2021