Livelihoods (PA-LH) will be responsible for overall implementation of livelihood, value chain and market development related activities under a branch office. They will lead the participant selection process and the set-up of the club. PAs will also be in-charge of the day-to-day management and supervision of the clubs and will supervise and follow-up on all mentor activities. They will also be responsible for conducting mentor training. asset selection, purchase, and distribution. PA-LHS will also provide training, coaching and job-placement support to participants
1. Lead the AIM program inception activities including community and participant selection, club selection and setup, mentor selection and onboarding, community mobilization, linkage services and value chain mapping. Lead the implementation and supervision of activities in assigned clubs as per program design, activity plan and budget.
2. Ensure achievement of club-level program targets as per implementation guideline and report any operational/ management issues to AIM-BM
3. Coordinate closely with the AIM-Technical Sector Specialists (TSS) to seek technical guidance and knowledge; provide support to AIM-TSS as needed.
4. Guide and supervise mentor activities and develop their capacity by providing regular coaching, mentoring, and training.
5. Organize livelihoods training for participants, manage assets and input transfer activities, provide enterprise development support, and coordinate all market development and facilitation activities in the community. Attend monthly coordination meetings organized at the branch level and provide updates on club activities. flagging any issues needing attention from the branch/area manager.
6. Support AIM-BM with all branch level procurement and logistics and other tasks, as required.
7. Ensure cash flow by submitting cash requisition timely for smooth day to day operations.
8. Organize and facilitate livelihood trainings for participants: provide support to connect program participants with broader linkage services and with employment/livelihood pathways.
9. Follow-up closely with participants to minimize attrition and prepare monthly attendance reports and bi-monthly drop-out reports.
10. Prepare MIS and financial reports and other reports and ensure timely submission.
Read, understand, practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place and encourage others to do so.
Minimum of a Diploma in Social sciences, Development Studies, Community Development, or any relevant humanities.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
1. Ability to spend extended periods of time in the field and travel within the country.
2. Proficient in using mobile devices, computers and particularly with Microsoft Office
3. Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration and demonstrated ability to build relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
4. Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of BRAC
3 years’ experience in the international development sector, including experience working with marginalized communities to implement community development programs including microfinance, livelihood, agricultural and food security, and/ or girl’s and women’s empowerment programs.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Contractual
JOB LOCATION: Lacor, Layibi, Pabbo, Palemo-Deri, Kamdini, Amolatar, Amuria, Dokolo, Katakwi, Kumi, Ngora,Bundibugyo, Kagadi, Kamwenge, Miytana, Nakaloke,Sironko, Budduda,Kapchorwa, Mbale, Nateete, Kalerwe, Kawempe, Nansana,Buwenge, Buyala, Kamuli, Namwendwa.
ONLY female candidates will be considered for this Position
Method of Application
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly: Candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at firstname.lastname@example.org Please mention the name of the position in the subject bar. Only complete applications will be accepted and shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Application deadline: 25 May 2023
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self- disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System. BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.