Program Assistant Social Empowerment (PA-SE) will be responsible for the overall implementation of social empowerment related components of the program including supporting social and economic empowerment training. building awareness about social and health related issues such as GBV, safe birth, contraception, disaster preparedness, sustainable livelihood. The PA-SE will also plan and organize advocacy initiatives at the community level.
1. Lead the AIM program inception activities including community mobilization and participant selection, club selection and setup, mentor selection and onboarding. community mobilization, mapping and establishing social empowerment linkages for participants.
2. Lead the implementation and supervision of social and economic empowerment activities in assigned clubs as per program design, activity plan and budget.
3. Organize and support Youth Development Committees in the target communities.
4. Ensure achievement of club-level program targets as per Implementation Guideline and report any operational/ management issues to Branch Manager.
5. Coordinate closely with the Technical Sector Specialists (TSS) to seek technical guidance and knowledge; provide support to TSS as needed.
6. Guide and supervise mentor activities under the social empowerment component and develop their capacity by providing regular coaching, mentoring, and training. Attend monthly coordination meetings organized at the branch level and provide updates on club activities, flagging any issues needing attention from the branch/area manager.
7. Support BM with all branch level procurement and logistics and other tasks, as required.
8. Ensure cash flow by submitting cash requisition timely for smooth day to day operations.
9. Organize and facilitate social empowerment training for participants; provide support to connect program participants with broader linkage services.
10. Follow-up closely with participants to minimize attrition and prepare monthly attendance reports and bi-monthly drop-out reports.
11. Prepare MIS and financial reports and other reports and ensure timely submission.
Read, understand, practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place and encourage others to do so.
Bachelors in social sciences, Development Studies, Community Development, or any relevant humanities.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
1. Ability to spend extended periods of time in the field and travel within the country.
2. Proficient in using mobile devices, computers and particularly with Microsoft Office
3. Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration and demonstrated ability to build relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
4. Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of BRAC
At least 2 years’ experience in the international development sector, including experience working with marginalized communities to implement community development programs including microfinance, livelihood, agricultural and food security, and/or girl’s and women’s empowerment programs.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Contractual SALARY: Negotiable
JOB LOCATION: Lacor, Layibi, Pabbo, Palemo-Deri Kamdini, Amolatar, Amuria, Dokolo, Katakwi, Kumi, Ngora, Bund bugyo, Kagadi, Kamwenge, Miytana, Nakaloke, Sironko, Budduda,
Kapchorwa, Mbale, Nateete, Kalerwe, Kawempe, Nansana, Buwenge, Buyala, Kamuli, Namwendwa
ONLY female candidates will be considered for this position.
Method of Application
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly: Candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at firstname.lastname@example.org Please mention the name of the position in the subject bar. Only complete applications will be accepted and shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Application deadline: 25 May 2023
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self- disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System. BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.