The key objective of the roles of the Project Coordinator’s work is to assist project teams with the coordination of processes, resources, equipment, meetings, and information.
Support strategic positioning, development, and implementation of the livelihood and resilience components of the project to achieve self-reliance for refugee and host communities.
Project Coordinator shall be responsible for ensuring the schedule, budget and details of a given project tasks are well organized. He/she communicate with various departments to keep everyone on board about any changes within the project plan. In addition, he/she shall organize, implement and report and provide updates to project line management to ensure success of the project.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensuring that the livelihoods and resilience project adheres to frameworks for transitioning targeted beneficiaries from relief to self-reliance
• Maintaining and monitoring livelihoods & resilience field plans, project schedules, working hours, budgets and expenditures.
• Organizing, attending and participating in livelihoods stakeholder meetings and all partner engagements at the field level to fully represent the organization, strengthen partnerships, team work and work efficiency.
Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from field meetings.
• Preparing necessary presentation materials for field meetings.
• Ensuring project timelines are met.
• Assess and regularly report resource utilization in line with best value for money practices.
• Providing field administrative support as needed.
• Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
• Ensure stakeholder expectations are managed towards the best solution to achieve project results.
Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members and other relevant officers.
• Participate in Procurement evaluations for project goods and services.
• Create a field management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective of the project.
• Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information.
Liaise with the project management to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives.
• Assign tasks to internal project teams and support them with schedule management.
• Make sure that project needs are met as project evolve.
• Maintain proper and efficient documentation for all project activities.
• Prepare min-budgets for the day-to-day implementation of the project.
• Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise.
• Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants.
• Work with the M&E Unit to develop project monitoring and reporting tools.
Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, database, plans and reports.
• Ensure project standards operating procedures (SOPS) and requirements are met through conducting project quality assurance checks.
• Participate in project resource mobilization and analysis of activity cost effectiveness and value for money.
• Perform any other related duties as required.
Requirements and skills
• Proven work experience as a Project Coordinator or similar roles.
• Experience in project management, from conception to delivery and closure.
Have the ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and stepby-step project action plans.
• Proven experience in implementing diversified livelihood and resilience interventions.
• Have solid organizational skills, including multitasking and timemanagement.
• Strong client-facing and teamwork skills.
• Familiarity with project risk management and quality assurance control.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project and Microsoft Planner.
• Hands-on experience with project management tools.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, and Zero tolerance to fraud
• Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and zero tolerance to fraud) standards within Hunger Fighters Uganda and amongst beneficiaries served.
Compliance & Ethics
• Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Hunger Fighters Uganda.
• As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Hunger Fighters Uganda’s and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
Conduct work with the highest level of integrity.
• BSc in Business Administration, Agribusiness, or related field with not less than 3 years’ experience in coordinating projects.
• A Master’s Degree in Management and the related fields is an added advantage.
• Demonstrated expertise in project Planning and management is required.
Method of Application
Applications should be addressed to • The Head of Human Resource, Hunger Fighters Uganda, P.O Box, 28175, Kampala • Hand delivered to Hunger Fighters Uganda Head Office or through email: email@example.com and copy: firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline for submission is 21stAugust 2023 at 17:00pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Note: HFU offers equal opportunities to both women and men. Solicitation will lead to automatic disqualification. For and on Behalf of Management