To manage all operations and activities of the Procurement and Disposable Unit by ensuring timely and cost-effective acquisition of goods, services and works, in accordance with the laid down policies and procedures, and the relevant procurement and disposal Laws of Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities;
• Development of the corporation procurement strategy through a process of reviewing and analyzing the corporation’s policy.
• Ensure that the Corporation follows the appropriate procurement process for every procurement made as provided for in the PPDA Act.
Develop procurement schedules, work plans for the procurement of goods, services and periodically review and evaluate them against the set objectives.
• Coordinate with the user departments the preparation of specifications, standards and terms of references for the goods, services and works.
• Maintain and archive records of the procurement and disposal process.
• Prepare monthly reports for the Contracts Committee and such other reports as may be required from time to time for submission to the relevant offices.
• Support functioning and implement decisions of the Contracts Committee.
Manage and develop section staff professionally as part of performance management practice.
• Liaise with HR on issues concerning procurement training for PDU staff and the rest of the stakeholders of the corporation.
• Identify risk areas and coming up with ways of handling risks relating to procurement and disposal within the corporation.
• Conduct periodic market surveys for latest trends in price, availability, quality, identify, evaluate and exploit any potential opportunities or efficiencies in the procurement process.
• Develop and implement a transparent supplier selection process, and evaluate supplier`s performance against procurement requirements.
• Manage all procurement or disposal activities of the corporation except adjudication and the award of contracts.
• Co-ordinate the procurement and disposal activities of all the departments of the corporation.
• Participate in the development and compilation of the Corporation’s annual budget estimates and control purchasing department budgets.
Qualification skills and experience:
• A Master’s Degree in Procurement and Logistics or Purchasing and Supplies or Business Administration majoring in supply chain management or procurement & logistics,
• Full professional qualification from Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
• An Honors’ Bachelor’s degree in Supplies Chain Management or Procurement and Logistics or Business Administration (Procurement option) obtained from a recognized institution of Higher Learning.
• Relevant working experience of at least six (6) years, three (3) of which should have been at a senior level in a reputable Organization or Industry.
Method of Application
Persons who meet the requisite specifications are encouraged to apply to the Managing Director by email to email@example.com Applications, Academic documents and CVs should be sent as one document indicating position applied for in the subject line (Application for the Position of ………….) not later than 25th August 2023. Details of the job descriptions can be accessed on our website www.uppc.go.ug Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that UPPC does not solicit for funds during any recruitment process