The Risk Analyst-Financial Risk will be analyzing, monitoring and reporting on the status of the internal control processes of the Bank and ensuring that the Bank is identifying and managing potential and existing credit and market risks in a timely and appropriate manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure detailed understanding of the bank’s balance sheet for timely identification of Assets and Liabilities risk drivers.
· Evaluate the soundness of credit approval decisions (including counterparty) through review of both funded and non-funded facilities to establish authenticity & completeness of credit proposal documents in line with bank’s underwriting standards.
· Conduct stress testing for Credit and Market risks and advise management based on the stress test results.
· Review of all Placements and Investments made by the institution to other banks to ensure that management is informed of any maturing investments for proper planning.
· Review the Net open positions to ensure that the institution remains compliant with the internal and regulatory limits.
· Monitor and report on limits usage, excesses and risk procedures for Credit and Market portfolios.
· Conduct product, services and channels assessments and advise management on strategies geared towards reversing adverse trends.
· Conduct market intelligence and advise management on any emerging trends.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Finance Trust Bank Risk Analyst-Financial Risk job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science or related discipline from a recognized university.
· Two years of work experience in Supervised Financial Institution.
· Fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Proficiency in Excel to maintain, improve and develop reporting tools.
· Ability to manipulate, Analyse, Summarize and present data/results.
· Strong quantitative, analytic and problem solving skills.
· The ideal candidate is curious, detail oriented, self-starter and communicates easily and openly.
· Strong work ethic and commitment.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work as a team.
· Able to demonstrate a personal commitment to taking ownership and following up.
· Flexible Approach.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should address their application to Head, Human Resource, Finance Trust Bank, Plot 115 & 121, Katwe. P.O. Box 6972, Kampala, Uganda, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as photocopies of academic testimonials, and a CV. The CV should include telephone contacts and email addresses of three referees, one of who should be the most recent employer.
Deadline: 16th February 2021
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly on Tel. Numbers 0312 222600 or 0414 341275 ONLY. Please note that in line with the Bank procedures, no job offers are made online.