Trigyn has a contractual opportunity for Technical Writer. This resource will be working at our client site in Uganda.
Technical editing and re-writing:
• Advise on selecting and effectively using tables, illustrations, text boxes, footnotes, and annexes. Check that the main text correctly reflects the information given in tables and figures. Ensure that the presentation of similar data is consistent, and check that any tables, figures and annexes are correctly cited in the text.
• Lead and support active facilitation and proactive planning for the unit/programme core proposal development team, including attendance and engagement in technical strategy and partner meetings and design workshops, determining meeting agendas, and facilitating meeting processes to reach desired outcomes per the production schedule.
• Lead and support review of technical support documents, including detailed workplan annexes and theories of change diagrams.
• Establish the purpose and intended readership for the material to be edited and ensure the writing style is appropriate for the audience.
• Turn technical content into language that can easily be understood by the target audience, including but not limited to government officials, corporates, and international organisations.
• Re-write, re-organise and monitor overall structure for logical flow and balance.
• Revise the material to account for reviewers’ comments and additional material supplied by the author.
• Review content for language accuracy, tone, and style, ensuring the text is concise and clear.
• Research to ensure the use of proper technical terminology.
• Question possible factual errors, accurate analytical reports and eliminate technical jargons.
Writing and editing of communications materials:
• Draft and edit a wide range of communications materials, including media comment pieces, blogs, presentations, newsletters, and innovative learning products.
• Craft strong headlines, titles, and subtitles when appropriate.
• Conceptualize and draft creative visual assets such as infographics and animations.
The following lists a range of possible deliverables that the consultants may be expected to edit and/or write at any given engagement:
• Technical reports, including flagship publications, case studies and diagnostic studies.
• Learning materials, which could range from two-pagers to power points presentations.
• Media products, such as media releases or comment pieces.
• Training reports, quarterly and annual reports
Required Skills and Experience
The consultant will have the following qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, international relations, or related fields is mandatory.
Professional Experience and Skills:
• At least five (5) years of professional experience in editing and writing special technical research reports, policy documents, funding documents/grants and communications materials, targeting audiences including senior officials in either government, corporate or international organisations on grants and reports or related fields are mandatory.
• Experience working with high-level government officials and/or international organisations is desired.
• Experience working with a multi-lateral organisation is an advantage.
• Outstanding editing and writing skills in the following languages: English and French.
• For each candidate: excellent oral and writing skills in English are mandatory, and fluency in French is desirable.
Method of Application
Interested candidates, please share your resume on firstname.lastname@example.org