Tetra Tech International Services is implementing the USAID-funded Uganda Sanitation for Health Activity. The project works to increase household access to sanitation and water services and improved health through hygiene behavior change campaigns in homes, schools and health facilities in up to 25 districts in Uganda.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in management, media relations or other relevant qualification
· Three years of relevant work experience in mass media and public relations especially in a USAID funded project
· The ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender are essential requirements.
· Applicants with previous USAID experience are encouraged to apply
· Proven skills in Photography and video or audio program making.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a partnership model (USHA works with CSOs, District Local Government, Institution heads and Community leaders).
· Strong computer skills particularly in word processing, PowerPoint, image editors, desktop publishing and other graphic software.
· Excellent inter-personal, multi-cultural and team building skills.
· Excellent organizational skills including a superior attention to detail.
· Strong innovative and problem-solving skills and ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English.
· Ability to work independently.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications to Jobs@Uganda-sanitation.org with a subject Communications Specialist – Sanitation for Health Activity by Monday February 15, 2021 Qualified candidates should provide their current curriculum vitae (CV), cover letter, and 3 professional references. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are delivered, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your applications or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted. Short-listed candidates who meet the job profile credentials will be contacted for an interview. Selected candidates will be hired as soon as they are available. Compensation will be commensurate with relevant experience and the project local compensation plan.
Deadline: 15th February 2021