The Enrolled/ Registered Nurse will provide nursing services and private health interventions to patients. The Nurse will be responsible for providing first aid in case of emergency situations and monitor, record, report symptoms or changes in a patient’s condition to the Health Facility In charge or the Medical Clinical Officer and follow up, use proper techniques for dressing wounds, ensuring infection control, providing occupational health and safety advice to the employees, evaluate and treat all injuries and illnesses in an efficient and professional manner within the scope of practice and consistent with clinical nursing guidelines, handle medical equipment, monitor first aid box on a regular basis. He /she will assess healthcare needs, then implement and manage healthcare programs to improve health, maintain OSHA records/reports and clients’ or patients’ medical files.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receiving, registering, admitting and discharging patients.
· Providing Nursing care to patients
· Carrying out observations, keeping proper records and ensuring their safe custody.
· Participating in Doctor/Clinical Officers ward rounds.
· Participating in bedside nursing procedures as a member of the caring team
· Preparing patients for meals and participating in serving them
· Keeping patients comfortable and ensuring a health environment
· Managing and accounting for allocated resources
· Carrying out health education to patients and their attendants
· Participating in research activities
· Adhering to Professional Code of Conduct and Ethics
· Compiling and submitting daily ward
· Make arrangements for provision of wards with adequate supplies and drugs.
· Account for supplies and drugs,
· Conduct primary health care and health education.
· Enforce strict adherence to code of conduct and ethics.
· & any other work as may be required by the Medical Clinical Officer from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The applicant should have the following namely;
· O’ level Certificate of Education – all applicants*
· A’ level Certificate of Education for Registered/Diploma – nurse applicants*
· Identification Document e.g. a National ID Card, Refugee ID Card or its equivalent*
· A copy of a Professional ID if any*
· A Bank Account Number (Desired but not mandatory)
· He or she should preferably hold a Certificate in Nursing, a Diploma in Nursing/Registered Nursing course or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution*
· A CV/Resume for an Enrolled/Registered – Nurse position*
· Certificate of Registration from the Nurses and Midwives Council of Uganda or an equivalent qualification*.
· At least two months of internship experience in the relevant field and have a proper network of the medical practitioners needed to refer to in case of need is an added advantage*.
· Fluency in both English and Luganda will be an added advantage*.
· Be a mature person with high level of integrity*.
Skills and Competencies
· Doing of Cannulations especially to children, very fat patients & clients of the Health Facility
· Withdrawing of blood samples from patients or clients of the Health Facility
· Catheterization (Male and Female) of patients or clients
· Incision and Drainage
· Wound Dressing (minor, medium & large wounds)
· Costing for the patients & clients of the Health Facility
· Dispensing of Medicine
· Ability to do weekly & monthly returns and any other medical returns as well as those of an administrative nature
· Fluency in using basic Computer applications i.e. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Power Point in the medical perspective
· Ability to use Clinical Master and any other Medical software
NB: Hebron Medical Clinic (SMC) Ltd trading as Mwebaza Medical Clinic is an equal opportunity employer.
Terms and conditions: All the above are Nurse jobs for both male and female applicants. Other terms and conditions for these posts are within the HMC salary scales and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Successful applicants will serve a 6 months’ probation.
Location: All positions will be based in Kampala Start date will be immediately after the interview is done & be communicated to the successful applicants
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their applications via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 21st August 2019