Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Finance and Administration Officer contribute towards ensuring smooth and efficient management of the financial systems. The Finance and Administration Officer will support the Finance Manager and other team members in operating a strong financial control environment in Saferworld Field office, including maintaining comprehensive and accurate financial records and other bookkeeping and banking tasks. The Finance and Administration Officer will support the Finance Manager in ensuring the effective management and delivery of the project; ‘addressing conflict drivers in Uganda’-a joint project (consortium) initiative between Saferworld and TPO Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Receive and process payments for suppliers, staff and any other providers of goods and services to the Organisation
· Process staff payment requests, supplier, service providers’ invoices ensuring compliance with SaferWorld and donor agencies rules and regulations.
· Receive and review Partner Organisation fund requests and their accountabilities and ensure these comply with Saferworld and donor requirements before forwarding for approval.
· Write cheques for approved cheque payments vouchers.
· Review payment supporting documents to ensure that they are in line with authorization levels & structure, tax invoices match purchase orders, delivery notes and goods received notes.
· Follow up on receipts from suppliers and service providers on all payments made through electronic banking.
· Process all staff claims within a week after receipt of the approved claims.
· Consolidate all cash requirements and forward to the Finance Manager to prepare the Country Program Funds requirements.
· Ensure internal control system is functional
Capture all financial data in the Organisation’s Accounting Software
· Check for accuracy, completeness and coding before transactions are entered into the computerized accounting system.
· Enter all paid transactions and staff accountabilities into the computerized accounting system.
· Stamp “PAID” on all payment vouchers that have been entered into the accounting system.
· Maintain proper filing of payment vouchers in a timely and accurate manner and ensure that all supporting documents are attached.
Conduct regular bank transactions
· Prepare bank instructions and deliver them to the project bankers.
· Identify and document all queries in relation to our dealings with the bank and submit them to the Finance Manager
· Act as a Project Agent with the project bankers.
Prepare and Submit financial reports
· Prepare timely monthly receipts reconciliation statement.
· Prepare & submit all statutory returns, such as, PAYE, NSSF and LST.
· Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statement.
· Prepare and submit the monthly financial expenditure report for the Country Program.
· Analyse and interpret Management reports for project teams enabling them to make informed decisions.
· Provide detailed information on Salary advances and working advances to the Regional HR/OPs Administrator.
· Reconcile all balance sheet accounts to ascertain accuracy of transactions posted on the accounts and the genuineness of the balances. Submit a monthly balance sheet reconciliation schedule.
· Receive and review partner financial requests and report and ensure compliance with the Grant Agreement
· Conduct partner support visits in building the capacity of partners in sound financial management systems.
Manage Project Cash and Valuables
· Ensure the safe custody of money in line with Saferworld finance policies and procedures
· Reconcile all cash received and paid out.
· Receive and issue a receipt for any cash deposits received
· Pay out cash for all approved petty cash payments
· Keep safe storage of Cash, cheque books and stubs, receipt books and any other valuable documents for the office in the Organization Safe.
Participate in the internal and external audit exercises.
· Plan and prepare full and detailed financial schedules for internal and external audits, ensuring that the auditors receive the necessary support and information.
· Respond to all audit queries to ensure audit objectives are met, and implement audit recommendations as may be directed by the Finance Manager.
· Maintain a complete audit trail of all relevant documents under your custody from inception to completion
General administration and other relevant tasks assigned by Management.
· Ensure proper functioning of Office Operations
· Ensure proper functioning of procurement system and logistical operations including travel & events organization
· Contribute towards the review and development of the projects internal controls and accounting system to support the project’s continuous improvement initiatives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in commerce, business administration, business studies or management with specialisation in finance or accounting.
· Should have part or full qualification of ACCA or CPA
· Understanding of NGO operating procedures and requirements.
· Experience of working in finance, administration and/or procurement in a relevant field in NGOs or INGOs.
· Sound knowledge of accounting procedures and principles.
· Excellent computer skills, specifically in Microsoft excel.
· Experience of using accounting software especially, QuickBooks, SUN system.
· Fluency in English (written and spoken)
· A positive problem-solving approach
· Good inter-personal and team-working skills
· A willingness to promote the work of Saferworld and develop collaborative work with others
· A commitment to working in a non-partisan manner
· A commitment to learning and being open to new ideas and approaches
· Commitment to and compliance with Saferworld’s safeguarding principles
· Commitment to respect and value equality and diversity, and understanding of how this applies to own area of work
· Commitment to own continuing personal and professional development
· Commitment to the vision, mission and values of Saferworld
How to Apply:
All candidates should download and complete an application form, Download Here and send to HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org (Ref: FAO-21)
Deadline: 17th February 2021