The Operations Manager offers technical and advisory oversight & coordination over the Operations and Logistics department to ensure harmonious & successful execution / completion of projects undertaken.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversee and coordinate the general Operations, declaration and logistics department of the company.
· Advise and guide the Declaration officers in the execution of their duties.
· Help the declaration team in carrying out there functions when need arises.
· Inform top management of the general needs and requirements in Operations department well in advance.
· Plan and budget for the needs of the operations department.
· Interview and Recommend new employees into the Operations department.
· Represent the company in business fora especially those related to Operations.
· Chair meetings of the Operations department whenever necessary.
· Make monthly or quarterly and annual reports of the department to top management.
· Conduct advocacy and marketing so as to popularize the company and win more clients for the company.
· Help the Sales team to make competitive quotations for leads on jobs.
· Help to identify and hire reliable, competent and cost effective transport companies for delivery of goods.
· Outsource efficient Clearing services from external entities depending on the job requirements and specifications.
· Recommend the insurance companies to be used for execution of Customs bonds for the Company.
· To be a signatory to some of the Operational contracts of the Company.
· Perform any other duties assigned by General Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal applicant for the CJ Smart Cargo Operations Manager job must hold a Bachelors Degree in Procurement & Logistics Management or related field.
· Should have successfully undertaken and graduated from the EACFFPC course.
· A minimum of seven to ten years of working experience in a Managerial position of a large Organization.
· Effective at Supply Chain Management
· Strong communication skills.
· Good motivational skills.
· Strong negotiation skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications and updated CVs online to the following email address; email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 21st August 2019