The Risk Management Officer is responsible for the identification and management of risks to minimize negative impact to strategy delivery; The incumbent will undertake the risk function on behalf of NDA.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage the process of identifying and assessing risks affecting NDA and develop risk mitigation, risk responses and monitoring strategies for the critical risks, and continuously review risk management capabilities.
· Develop, update and maintain the NDA risk register, and risk management plan in consultation with management and provide management reports.
· Establish Risk Management framework, policy, guidelines and objectives and ensure alignment with the NDA corporate strategy.
· Conduct regular risk management training in order to increase risk awareness across NDA.
· Prepare and develop the NDA risk strategy.
· Carry out planned and ad-hoc risk reviews on designated projects and make recommendations for corrective actions.
· Ensure that effective risk management strategies and processes are embedded within NDA’s day to day activities and are in compliance with regulatory requirements.
· Follow up and co-ordinate closure and status of implementation of corrective actions arising from matters raised in the Auditor Generals Management letter in liaison with the relevant Directorates.
· Undertake any other responsibilities, tasks or activities as may be assigned from time to time by line Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Economics, Finance or Statistics from a reputable institution
· At least three (3) years working experience in risk management/ control, compliance, audit in a reputable organization
· IT literacy and Computer software applications skills, MS applications Proactive and independent
· Concern for precision and rigor Analytical and reliable
· Flexible and stress resilient
· Ability to organize and prioritize
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, copies of your academic qualifications together with your Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating three (3) referees of whom one (1) should be your current or most recent employer either electronically to the e-mail address- firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to National Drug Authority office, First Floor, Rumee, Plot 19 Lumumba Avenue opposite TWED PLAZA. Your application should be addressed to:
The Secretary to the Authority,
National Drug Authority,
Plot 19, Lumumba Avenue,
P.O. Box 23096
Deadline: Thursday 4th March 2021.