The Sales Team Leader will be responsible for all aspects of the branch operations to include: generating revenue and productivity in sales in accordance with the company sales & leadership training. You have a tremendous understanding of the needs and wants of rural off grid consumers and ensure that every day our clients are a bit more satisfied with our products and services.
You are someone who cares deeply about improving livelihoods in Africa, but you bring more than passion to the role: you have the grit and resilience to make change happen. You are excited about understanding this nascent industry, the SolarNow products, its unique value proposition and the difference they make. You have a successful track record in bringing products to rural off-grid market and are a dynamic problem-solver who has strong empathy and passion for rural off-grid households and the people you work with. You are the person who represents the client in the organisation but are at the same time the number one advocate of the product and value proposition. You are curious and do not fear to challenge the status quo, but are sensitive in how to communicate this. You build strong and effective bridges within the organisation to achieve real results. You are not afraid to fail and see it as an opportunity to learn!
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensure revenue growth through ever increasing client satisfaction by:
· Managing a team of sales officers through creating a culture of high performance among staff within the department by addressing internal employee satisfaction issues promptly that will help guide mitigate risks.
· Drive the department team to ensure that customers’ needs are met through excellent customer experience every time, knowledge of the products you’re selling to the customer inside and out and dealing with customer queries and complaints amongst other customer relationship requirements.
· Assess local market conditions and identify current and prospective sales opportunities that will help drive the actualization of financial and non-financial targets.
· Meet goals and metrics by developing forecasts, financial objectives and sales plans in order to maximise and close on generation of revenue.
· Develop strategy & roadmap for improving the operational and financial performance of the Branch leading to exemplified branch personnel with an aim of achieving branch and individual sales officer targets.
· Locate areas of improvement and propose corrective actions that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities and needs by having an ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Solarnow Sales Team Leader job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or any related field of studies; Masters is an added advantage.
· At least six years in sales and marketing roles, with a minimum of 2 in a leadership position.
· Experience in related field at comparable size of company (turnover and Headcount).
· Experience in banking, micro finance and solar industry is an added advantage.
· Analytical skills through evaluating simple or complex problems and identifying areas of improvement and relative corrective actions that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities.
· Proven branch manager experience or similar roles i.e. Has demonstrated in the past the capability to bring out the best of branch’s/teams personnel by providing training, coaching, development and motivation to branch employees.
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work well in a team; i.e. Has the capability to direct all operational aspects including distribution operations, customer service, human resources, administration and sales.
· Result oriented/ Getting results through others; Proven ability to meet sales targets and production goals by being results driven and customer focused.
· High level of verbal and written communication skills.
· Problem solving; Ability to guide others into finding solutions as opposed to providing solutions yourself. Supporting employees to get over hurdles/blocks and achieve good results
Compensation and benefits: Salary and benefits are competitive, commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
You don’t need to apply now but you must carry copies of your CV, academic documents and your application letter and bring them as you come for interviews on 11th October 2019 from 9:00 am . Our offices are in Kansanga opposite KIU University.