FINCA Uganda is a subsidiary of FINCA Impact Finance and part of a network of 21 microfinance institutions and banks that provide socially responsible financial services that enable low – income individuals and communities to invest in the future. FINCA Uganda currently offers loans, savings and money transfer services in Uganda, one of the most competitive and dynamic microfinance markets in the world. FINCA is looking for a dynamic person to join their team of professionals as Internal Auditor –
• IT. Details are highlighted as follows:
• The IT Auditor is responsible for Planning, Implementing and reporting on assigned IT audit engagements and other engagements in accordance to the annual audit plan and manual and provide advise to improve the existing ICT risk management practices in the Bank.
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. Identifying business objectives and inherent risks in activities and IT Systems to be audited and developing audit plans in assigned audit engagements
2. Performing field work and preparing quality working papers in compliance with audit standards and policy in assigned areas
3. 3. Conducting quality assurance reviews in IT projects that are being undertaken by the bank and preparing reports of findings and recommendations to management.
4. Preparing quality drafts of audit reports for review by the assigned supervisor/manager
5. Preparing appraisals at the end of each audit engagement.
6. Reviewing of Bank of Uganda returns
7. Performing an advisory role bank wide
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Good investigative and interviewing skills
2. Knowledge on best practice IT governance and control frame works
3. Good Data Analytics skills
4. Good conflict management and negotiation skills
5. Ability to build and effective control environment
6. Ability to formulate concepts and strategies
7. Problem identification and resolution skills
Qualifications and Experience
• A first class Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration Accounting, Computer Science, Information Technology.
• Professional certification in Information Systems Auditing a MUST requirement
• Security Risk and Governance, CISM, CRISC, CISSP is an added advantage
• At least 2years’ of progressive audit experience, at 2years’of work experience in a Financial Institution, Proficiency in risk based auditing experience and knowledge of scripting (SQL)
Method of Application
• All candidates who so wish to take up this role in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org